The Communications Coordinator position with Kids Can Fly supports the ongoing communications needs of the organization through public communications, social media, email blasts, and other digital materials. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Executive Director, and will work in tandem with Kids Can Fly volunteers and board members.
Please note our application deadline of Monday, January 22nd at 12:00 PM (noon).
- This candidate will work closely with the Executive Director to further the work of Kids Can Fly through communication with the community in a variety of ways, as well as providing support for fundraising and outreach. The position also includes social media post creation and monitoring, graphic design, email blasts, and a variety of general communications-based tasks. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Managing and creating posts for social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Providing communications support for fundraisers and outreach events
- Creating compelling graphics for various purposes including fundraising, events, and programs
- Completing graphic design for various promotional materials
- Completing other communications duties as required
Candidate Skills & Assets:
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a bigger team
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience managing business, charity, or cause social media accounts
- Strong writing ability, including spelling and grammar
- Ability to quickly and efficiently learn and utilize various software programs
- Experience with Meta Business Suite, Canva, and group mailing software preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Candidates local to Brantford or Brant County preferred
- Number of hours: 2-5 hours per week
- Rate of pay: $20/hour
- Location of work: 80% remote; 20% in-person meetings, plus some mandatory event attendance throughout the year
- Timing of work: Weekday availability required. Short increments of time throughout the week are required for this role to maintain prompt communication
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their qualifications and experience. Samples of social media posts or graphic design projects are strongly encouraged.
Application Deadline: Monday, January 22, 2024 at 12:00 PM