Kids Can Fly is looking for Launch Pad Supply Staff to work under the direction of the Launch Pad Coordinator and be the occasional face of one of Kids Can Fly’s most popular front-line programs.
The Launch Pad Supply Staff will provide occasional coverage for the Launch Pad program, which currently operates three mornings (Tues – Thurs) per week from 9:00 A.M. – 11:30 A.M. The Launch Pad is a drop-in program for families with young children to play, sing, and engage in activities that have a positive impact on brain development, fine and gross motor skills, and social skills. The Launch Pad Supply Staff will work under the direction of the Launch Pad Coordinator with support from the Program Assistant (in person) and the Executive Director (remotely).
Please note our application deadline of Monday, January 22nd at 12:00 PM (noon).
- Qualified ECE (Early Childhood Educator)
- Minimum 1 years experience working in the field either at a licensed child care centre, a literacy-based program, or a Kindergarten classroom
- Experience working with children ages 0 – 5
- Strong knowledge of child development
- Availability during Launch Pad hours of operation
- Musical skills an asset to ensure the program maintains a musical component
- Candidates local to Brantford or Brant County preferred
The Launch Pad Supply Staff will work under the direction of the Launch Pad Coordinator and be the occasional face of one of Kids Can Fly’s most popular front-line programs. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for caregivers and their children
- Running enriching activities through which caregivers can engage with their children
- Engaging children through music, play, and sensory activities
- Maintaining records for attendance and incidents (if applicable)
- Engaging each child individually each day, and making every effort to engage with every caregiver
- Promoting positive interactions and behaviour guidance and direction with the ongoing supervision of the program, outdoor play area, group, individual and routine activities
- Specific work hours are dictated by the existing Launch Pad program, which operates from 9:00 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. Tuesday through Thursday. Preparation time before and after program of 15 – 30 minutes is appropriate, plus additional time for adjusting program activities. Additional time may be required for communications over the phone with the Launch Pad Coordinator and/or the Executive Director.
- The position is paid monthly by cheque upon the receipt of an invoice.
- This is an independent contractor position
- Daily time sheets must be kept noting amount of time spent between preparation time, program time, meetings, and program errands.
This contract will cover the period of January 1, 2024 – June 30, 2024.
The contract will be negotiated for renewal on an annual basis.
The Launch Pad Supply Staff will provide a minimum of one month written notice of resignation and likewise Kids Can Fly will provide a minimum of one month written notice of dismissal
Salary and Benefits:
- Number of hours: 0 – 15 hours per week
- Rate of pay: $23/hour
- Location of work: on site at Centennial-Grand Woodlands Public School
- Timing of work: Tuesday – Thursday 8:30 A.M. – 12 P.M.
- Employment type: Independent contractor role
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: Monday, January 22, 2024 at 12:00 PM